Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 8th

Hi everyone.  Wow flip´s sounds so fun right now.  It has been more than a year since I last did a backflip.  I am really looking forward when we get to go to priesthood session once more all together. 

This has been a week of revelation down here.  We had a conference with the president and he talked a ton about virtue and how it is what will most give us spiritual power as a missionary.  The mission down here is doing awesome-so close to having 300 baptisms in one month.  So many amazing missionaries.

We also were able to have 2 baptisms.  Juan Medina was chosen so long ago to be the next member of the true church.  He is a fisherman (50 percent of Manta are fishermen) and was so submissive and believing as we taught our message.  He has such a sincere heart and was so ready to receive all that the Lord has prepared for him.  We will now be working with his wife and his daughter. 

Conference was incredible!!  Did I see John Ford in the Priesthood Session Choir?  That was cool that they mentioned Centerville, also.  I´m the only North American missionary in the city so everyone kept bugging me asking how it feels to be in the conference center and asking who I know.  It is always fun to say that I know Brother Russon in the choir haha.

So many inspiring talks, and such a strong spirit right off the bat with that huge announcement.  Did you not feel an overwhelming spirit of excitement?  I felt so........good about all that he said.  I can´t wait to see all the new missionaries get on the next plane out.  I thought of Blair and Doug.  They could be out of there before I get back.

I love you very much.

Time ran out.

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment