Still no babies!! What are you all waiting for? How is the Utah life going for you? That is hard to hear about grandma. I have never seen her sit down for more than 20 minutes (apart from to sit down and sew) and imagining her in a hospital is hard. I will continue to pray for her and I know that granny and grandpa will be alright. Happy valentine`s Day tomorrow. That means that Tyty turns 23 pretty darn soon, huh? Wow ty, you are an old fart. I guess we are all just an old fart family. Lucky we have three little babies to bring the average age back down to normal haha.
So really, really, awesome week. These past weeks have been good, hard work, but this week we really saw the fruits of our labors. This area has been a really nice challenge from my Heavenly Father but I don`t think I could be sent to any other part of the world and come to love it so much in three short months. So the highlight of everything was that we had seven investigators that attended church. Such a BLESSING!!! We still haven`t got the permission from Ana and Diana`s Dad but they really are pretty much members already. After church, all of the young women sat down with them and they are starting off with their personal progress. We are going to start calling them Miembro Seco uno y dos (dry member 1 and dry number 2) because they attend everything and are a part of everything but still have not gotten wet in the baptismal font. Tomorrow, we are planning on going to make another effort to talk with the dad with the first counselor of the Branch Presidency. Way excited about it and I`m going in with lots of faith.
This Saturday we will have two baptisms. Alberto and Ruben are nine and eleven. They are super cool along with their whole family. They have a little sister who is in the hospital with their mom. It is super sad. The dad is so humble and so spiritually sensitive. He struggles to know how to treat the poor situation, but we are doing what we can to help them all out with the difficulties.
And the angel investigator this week is Jissenia. She is the sister of a door contact. She also is going through a rough time, but the Gospel is right there to help her out. She understands everything like crazy and at first it was hard to have an effective lesson with her because nobody else understands like she does so we all got confused. However, the last lesson went really well and she is on her way to stop drinking coffee hopefully. She showed up to church and the entire congregation was super nice to her and she has a huge support group already. In the investigator class she participated a ton and everything. Tonight, her neighbors that are members are going to invite her to a family home evening. Wow this church is awesome and every directing that we receive from the prophets is so divinely inspired. Family Night`s are awesome!!!
Wow I want to tell you everything about each one of the people we are teaching, but I`ll end with Luis. We knocked his door on Tuesday and he opened the door and acted like he already knew us, invited us in, and served us some cola. He then began to explain his huge desire to stop smoking and drinking. He opened up like crazy and every question he had was so easy to respond to with the gospel. We gave him the Word of Wisdom pamphlet which he read with his wife and he hasn`t smoken or consumed alcohol in these past five days. Wow he is super cool!!
And I`ll end there. I wish I could go on and on but you know how time goes here. I will be sending more photos this next Monday. Sorry it has been so long. So that is me this week. I love you all like crazy and Happy Valentine`s Day.
Elder Preston Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment