Monday, February 27, 2012

2/27/2012- two babies this past week, and our third will be here this week :)

Hello Parker and Abby!!!!!! How exciting.  Oh I had all these things churning feelings in my stomach worrying about how the deliveries would go.  Two out and one still waiting.  Haha sorry Annie.  You`ll be there soon and I am so excited to see the new little baby next week!!!!! They look super cute.  I am sure you guys are just loving it, and even if I can`t be there, I still am just as excited for all of you.  The family grows even closer as a new one is welcomed in and I feel so close to all of you even if I am so far!!!

So three of us are already having babies, one on a mission, one waiting for a mission to end, and one bringing up a girl from Arizona? Kyle, how is everything going.  You know you gotta keep me updated.  Nick Smith wrote me back and it was great to hear from him.  He is doing great out there in Taiwan.  Nathan Garlick is still doing awesome and I just know all my buds are working their butts off to be the missionaries they must be. 

And the mission is still going great.  We are working as hard as we can and sometimes it doesn`t feel like it is all worth it, but that is when God comes in with all of his tender mercies.  Jessenia has been super great, but the past few days have been just a little different.  We tried to explain to her that if the book of mormon is true then everything else is true along with it.  However, she doesn`t share the same idea.  It was a rough lesson trying to help her see how the book of mormon can help her receive answers.  She was all ready to go to church and everything for the second time but she didn`t show.  We went to her house after and she wasn`t home.  We don`t know if we should give her some space to think or if we should call or make a surprise visit.  We`ll do what the spirit tell us, I guess.  Just really worried that we might have lost one of our best investigators.

This week we looked a lot for new investigators.  It went okay and we are a lot better at contacting now.  Yesterday we were in our area where 90 percent of the people have had missionaries in their house.  It is sad to see that even after having messengers sent from God enter your house that you can still reject their message.  Oh well, we have to keep pouring the spirit on them until they open their eyes to it.  That is definitely the biggest difficulty right now.  Hearts are so hardened well placed in their ideas that they do not welcome new knowledge from God.

But the work really is progressing.  We found some new people and we have tons of hope that they can progress towards a real conversion.  The ward is amazing here and they have become really good friends.  I was almost certain that I was going to be transferred today but here I am once more in Las Palmeras.  I know there is something here for me and that the Lord has a very special purpose for each and every one of his missionaries.  I will be His servant at all times.  It has been a great ride and I am ready to go the extra mile.  I love my family very much and I pray for all of you every day.  This week I was reading in Alma 56 about the Stripling warriors.  Holy sweet.  I have read the story a lot but it hit me with this amazing power in this moment.  Their courage and faith is unbelievable.  Their mothers had taught them the way of the world and that God will not let them fall if they obey him.  Mom I love you so much and I will be your stripling warrior.  I know God is with me and he will not let me fall.

God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Preston Michael Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment