Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16/2012

Hellooooooo!!!!!!
Ah things are sounding so great back at home and so glad to hear that everyone is soooo busy.  Finals week... holy cow I wish everyone the best of luck.  That is so awesome to hear about all the missionaries in our ward.  I have grown up in the midst of just outstanding people.  Wow dad... big shot, eh?  I hope everything is going well in your new assignment, and I don`t know....it might be completely great if you wrote me.  Love you, Dad.  Sounds like Kyle is just about ready then?  Slow down, everyone!!!! I have only been out 9 months and the family has gone up by 4!!!  Good to hear it, though.  I know that you all are happy and that everyone is on the right path.
 
Haha I would like to see Ryan Francom-my tallest friend-climb out the window.  Travel is very different outside of the states.  I am sure Ryan is experiencing the same thing that I am.  Last Monday, we got on a crowded bus with all of our groceries.  I had to set them down or else I wouldn`t fit.  When I went to pick them up my back pocket got caught on the sensor thing that the bus companies use to charge the Bus Drivers.  The Driver got way mad because he was losing money and it was just an all-around great experience. 
 
So I guess I am still a district leader.  It`s different though.  In all 9 months of my mission I have never had Sister Missionaries anywhere near me, and now I am their District Leader.  Wish me luck, I guess.
 
And my new ward is way, way different from the wards I have been in so far.  Lots of worth priesthood holders and such.  It has a lot more members.  Then only problem is that sacrament starts at 8 so that makes it a bit harder for the not so faithful to wake up on time.  Really, though, we are going to see a lot of success in this area and I am super excited to get going.  I`ve been a little held back by an in-grown toenail, though.  I had to go to the hospital to have it looked at and the doctor told me to rest and take some pills and such.  The swelling went down on one side, but I have to go back again tomorrow to get it taken care of once and for all.  Wish me luck, haha.  I`m sure it will all be fine, just super annoying because I have always had this problem. 
 
So we should have a baptism this coming Saturday.  His name is Eduardo.  He is 22 and his girlfriend is a member of the church.  And that is about all I know so far haha.  We brought an investigator to church and she was going to leave after Sacrament meeting, but the Relief Society President saw her and helped her go to the investigator class.  It was sweet because I haven`t seen much of that in my mission.  The members are so important to this work and it is very easy to recognize that in my new area. 
 
We had Zone Conference this past Friday.  I left so inspired to work hard and be the best missionary.  The President is such a stud.  I just can`t believe how inspired he is.  Missionaries face a lot of difficulties in the work and some really fail in their responsibilities as a companion.  He said something that just hit me so hard about companions.  If we can`t settle problems with our companion on the mission."pobrecita su esposa" (poor little wife), because there are no transfers in marriage.  I really have come a long ways in the way I approach a problem.  Ususally I just ignored everything and isolated myself.  That is pretty impossible in the mission so something had to change.  I hope I can keep it up because everything I am doing right now has everything to do with everything I will do in all of my life.  I really feel like I am progressing, even if I won`t be able to walk for a couple days.  I love my companion.  There is so much work to be done in my new area.  I am a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ.  I have a family back at home who supports every move I make.  Everything in my life is a gift from God, and I am willing to show Him a little gratitude.  I love you all and I hope you now that I am praying for you. 
 
Elder Preston Michael Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment