Hi everyone. That is so awesome that all of the family is all
right there so close to home. Even Bonnie! That is sweet that the
Anderson`s could get together. Did you guys plan that? It has been
forever since we last had an Anderson family thing at
our house. Crazy about Kai!! Ìt is probably a relief for him, but I`m
sure it was a little weird for him to throw in the towel haha. Kai will
always be my idol. Well I guess the entire Hintze family is my idol.
School is out for the Summer! Haha sorry mom, you will be there
soon. Random question, how many years are you thinking about teaching?
Are you going all the way till the end or what? And what about Dad?
Anyways, I am glad to hear you are all happy
and....Engaged!!!!!!! Kyle is going to tie the knot. Mom, how do you
feel about what is happening to out little Anderson family. It is
getting so big!!! Haha do you feel old yet?
Well here I am still in Vergeles with Elder Mejìa. It was a
pretty...different week. I guess I haven`t told you, but I live with
Elder Falk from Salt Lake and Elder PIntos from Buenos Aires. They are
the Zone Leaders and they both help me out a lot.
Elder Falk would have been one of my good friends in high school and it
has been a super long time since I really have had someone to talk to
about what really is up. Elder Falk got sick and so I went out to
teachwith Elder Pintos so we could work in both
areas. It was really nice because he is super respectful to everyone
and knows how to teach well.
We were able to find a new investigator every day this week. The
people still are really awesome, just a little confused. We still get
the "you guys only talk about Joseph Smith" a whole bunch but it isn`t
too hard to settle that problem anymore. We
have quite a few that consistently attend church but have to get
married. It hasn`t been a huge problem for me in other sectors, but
here it seems like everyone has that one challenge. And so we keep
moving forward working with the new investigators that
have lots of potential.
Did you know that there was a special area conference for all of
Ecuador? Well it was completely incredible. Marcus B. Nash (is he the
guy from Centerville?) spoke really boldly to the "children of the
covenant." It was sweet!!! I was so inspired by
the talk. D. Todd Cristofferson spoke after about the things that
President Thomas S. Monson always says. Richard G. Scott then spoke
about the Holiness of women. It was so
powerful. He described pornography and immodesty with just the most
disgusted descriptions
and I really got that "hate of sin" feeling. This world can be a
garbage can but we can still avoid it.
It was a good week. I was able to finish the Book of Mormon once
again in Spanish. I really got thinking about the very last verse where
it talks about the judgement day. It has always been way hard for me
to have that vision way open to think about
such a day, but in that moment I really felt it. Every single thing we
do here on this earth has ETERNAL importance. I am not just here to
become a better missionary, I am here to become a better
God. The phrase "eternal progression" is really starting
to make a lot more sense. I hope you guys always remember it, too.
And I love you all.
Elder Preston Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment