Monday, January 16, 2012

1*16*2012

Hello Hello hello. 

How is the life back in Centerville?  Everyone sounds really well and looks really fat haha. Thank you very much Paige for the picture of the pregnant ladies.  I think I am more excited then they are to get those babies out. Three little ones coming so soon!!!  But you all look really good and happy and I am very pleased to know that.  A million thank you`s to all those who have supported me in these past few months.  I got a couple more letters from the Van Wagoner Family, Mike and Kathryn Nyborg,  Megan Klein and Friends, and Terry Francom.  Make sure they know how grateful I am for their thoughts and prayers in my behalf.  That is way awesome what the youth did with their testimonies of the Book of Mormom.  The work in Centerville, Utah is blessing the work in Ecuador and in so many other parts of the world.  Those little things go a long way and I am forever grateful for that.

Another week gone by and just as happy as ever.  Just crossed the six month mark a few days ago and that is super weird.  This week, one of the missionaries I live with heads home.  We said bye yesterday and he gets on the plane tomorrow morning.  I can`t imagine the feelings that one has after two years of serving as a missionary and then getting on the plane to go home.  Super crazy.  But we had a really good week and the fruits of our labors are starting to shine through the difficulties.  There are really awesome people in our branch and I have had a lot more opportunities to get to know them more personally these past few weeks.  This church is amazing and the members down here are incredible.  I`ve only been here two months, but I feel really at home.  I feel like I have met five thousand really good friends and I just really love all of them.

This week was pretty rainy.  And really though, you have not seen rain until you go to Ecuador.  It is wild.  There are almost always clouds in the sky, but the rain is really unpredictable.  However, when it comes, it really comes.  I would say like an inch every 15 minutes.  It is insane how hard it comes down.  Luckily we were close to the Church one of the days it really came down, but on Saturday we were not so lucky.  Oh well.  I say that being wet from rain is better than being wet from sweating.  The temperature has been nice these past few weeks but the humidity gets you in whatever temperature. 

My companion is still super awesome.  We are learning so much together as we teach and visit the amazing people here.  Sometimes I let the little things bug me (you know how I am like that) but we are very, very happy and we have a good time as we serve. 

So we have awesome investigators.  The only problem is is that we want more of them.  There are five or six right now that are really on their way to the waters of baptism but when we are not teaching these few people, we are knocking doors.  This week, however, we already have three member families that invited us to their houses for a family night where they are going to invite their friends.  How awesome is that?  If all works out well, we will have some awesome new investigators to teach. 

This week I was able to read a ton of Church stuff.  The Book of Mormon, the Liahonas, and Jesus the Christ.  Wow holy awesome.  The words of our Prophets are without compare.  This last conference was super amazing and reading over the talks again has been a huge blessing.  The December Liahona is super cool, too.  It has several articles about the temples and I was filled immensely with the spirit as i read them.  I´m not sure exactly how it goes, but a member from Ukraine shares her feelings about the temple saying something like; It`s like you never really loved your spouse until you enter the temple with them.  Wow I can`t wait until I can make promises with my wife together with the Lord.  We are blessed to have so many blessings readily available in the temple.  Aprovèchenlas.  Really.  I have got a while until I can go with my wife to the temple, but I can take part in helping others arrive to this amazing blessing.

And I will finish by telling you all how much I love you.  That you are all a huge blessing to my life and to the lives of so many others.  Our Savior loves all of you and I would say that he is very pleased with the direction that our family is going.  Wow three more added to this awesome family.  WE ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY BLESSED

And that is about it.  I would send some more pictures, but this computer does not have a place for the little thing.  Oh well, next week

No comments:

Post a Comment