And hello once more my beloved family. Glad to hear all of the exciting news from back home as always. Kyle got his snowmobiling in...like I ever doubted it would happen. I`m a little jealous about the snow up there but we make up for it in rain in Ecuador. AHHHH five more weeks until the little ones come out. Thank goodness. Sounds like an awesome activity with the youth and the YM YW presidencies. I always loved the activities where we had all the presidency speak to the youth. I always was so inspired to keep pushing forward and every young men and every young women needs direction and encouragement like that. How amazing. We are so blessed to have had leaders in the church that have helped us to become who we are now. The gospel is so perfect and there are so many amazing organizations in the church that truly do change the world one life at a time.
So we had a truly awesome week. It started off completely crazy. Here we go....So after we got back to the house on Monday I received the assignment to me District Leader. I thought they were calling to take me out of my area and I was really about to cry because I do not want to leave. And then they told me my assignment which also really scared me. But all is well and I felt this wave of strength and revelation given to me this week. I have seen the importance of setting goals very strongly this week and it feels great to mark something off the "to-do-list" knowing that it has blessed the life of someone else. Did you know that I am still teaching English Classes? Anyways I handed out the testimonies of the Lakeview Ward Youth to the kids who go to the English Class and they all had to translate the testimonies to Spanish. The next class is that they have to write their testimonies in Spanish and we will help them put it in English. It is way fun and the youth here are awesome.
Everyone is on Summer vacation and so a lot of them have been helping us out a lot. Kathy and her family invited their aunt and cousins to a family night and she organized everything out and all we had to do was teach a little bit about the restoration. It went really well but they are still a little hesitant to accept a baptismal date but they all showed up to church to our surprise. It was awesome. We found a lot of new people to teach this week because of the efforts of the members; especially the youth.
One of my new responsibilities now is that I perform baptismal interviews. I have always dreaded the day when I would have to do one for fear of the language and fear if something difficult came up. But I was lucky and every one of the five interviewees were awesome. Their really are a lot of amazing people and I love talking with each and every one of them. We are starting to have a weekly activity where we go to a different neighborhood to one of the member`s houses where they have to invite someone new to join in on the spiritual activity. Tonight we are going to the Branch President`s house and I asked him yesterday what we should prepare and he just said, "nothing." He and his family are going to take care of everything. All we have to do is show up with our investigators and all good. We are so blessed with the support of the Members.
What else what else. I have found so much peace in these past few weeks as I was able to watch several movies about Jesus Christ. It is a big sacrifice what I am doing here, but two years is so short when we have an eternal outlook. I don`t want to waste another minute. Bring it on.
Well I love you all very very very very much and bueno, sigamos adelante con la fe firme en Cristo.
Elder Preston Anderson
and for Brother Flake, I would like some Beef Jerky, another thingy to hold my tie in place, and all of my other ties that I had before my mission. I don`t know why I didn`t just take all of them. Anyways, nothing besides that. I`ll keep thinking but I am all good for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment