Hello family.
Glad to hear los tres pequeños are all doing alright, and I hope Heather can be back to her regular strength. I wish Paige and Kyle wouldn`t be having so much fun without me haha. I love you all very much. Jealous of all the amazing things that are happening right now in your lives. We have it pretty dang good in Centerville, Utah.
This week was pretty incredible. We still have our investigator sent from heaven ready and excited for her baptism this Saturday. She came to Church with her little boy and she just has the sweetest spirit. In the MTC I always dreamed of people like her who really recognized us as representatives of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. She has found a testimony of Joseph Smith and finds so much peace as she reads the Book of Mormon. She has always had a fear of praying in front of others but she said a prayer the other day and it brought me to tears. She is so incredible and the Lord is so mindful of her and of me at this time. Such a strength to the healing power of the Atonement in our lives.
We don`t have tons of investigators right now but we have lots of opportunities to teach. There was a few weeks where hardly anyone would accept us, except for little kids, but now there are a lot more adults that at least listen to our message before they reject us at the door.
One difficult thing that has been going on in the Branch is that all the young men who are at the age to serve a mission have gone completely less-active. I want to carry them all to the MTC and kick their butts into shape, but that is just not how it works. I am extremely grateful for the encouragement I have received my whole life to serve a mission. Incredible parents and siblings, outstanding leaders, and exemplary friends.
On Tuesday, this guy yelled out, "tell me about Joseph Smith." Turns out that he was a referall with whom the missionaries had talked to the day before. Fernando has completely changed his life around in the past few months leaving behind a drunken past. He knows that God loves him and his humble heart is so ready to hear the gospel. He still has quite a bit to change but the Gospel will help him do so. There are always the bummer people who say they will go to church and never show up, but these past few weeks have been a little different, because people actually show up.
Well that was my week. Keeping up my spirits to work hard and push forward. I love you all very, very much.
Until next time,
Elder Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment