Wowwww how is everything going? Glad to hear that everyone is still hanging out and loving life even if they have to go back to school haha. Have the mommies adjusted their lives to the new babies yet?
So this week was just something else. Really so many prayers were answered and I am just so certain that God is watching over me. First off--our angel investigator was baptized. We visited consistently this week, but she continued to be a little unsure about the baptism because of her parents. Her mom is pretty hard core catholic and Jessenia worried about the changes she would make by becoming a member of the LDS church. But we got her into the baptismal interview and I was sitting outside the door so nervous and just praying like crazy. It was a really long interview but she came out of the door just completely quiet and relaxed and I was scared to ask her how it went. So she walked out and I looked at the missionary who gave the interview and he showed me her signature at the bottom of the page. No, I don`t believe you!! Wow I couldn`t fight back the tears I was so excited and shocked. My prayer was answered and all of the efforts really payed off.
So we planned the baptism and everything was just awesome. She has got all of the support in the world with the Relief Society and just incredible how the spirit has touched her heart in just two short months. She is already excited to go to the temple and just learn everything about the gospel. Holy awesome. The only sad thing is that her parents still don`t know about the baptism. She is scared to tell them, but I feel like they will soon see the joy she has found in the gospel and change their minds. I could talk about this one forever and ever but just know that the Lord is leading my efforts and their are people in this world hungry for the gospel.
Yesterday we had an experience that I thought would happen a lot sooner and lot more often in the mission. This guy named William is super awesome. He was way anxious to hear our message and everything. We had given his sister a Book of Mormon and he ended up being more interested than she was. We started talking about what the Book of Mormon and then we assigned him to read 3 Nephi 11 (When Christ visits the Americas). He was all in shock saying, "What? Christ came to the Americas?!!!" Of course he did, we responded. He was so curious and excited to read about it and I was so excited for him. We shall go later today and talk about the chapter and give him a baptismal invitation.
Not to much else going on with other investigators. UMMM so Ana and Diana (the dry members-haha) went to the temple with all the young women on Friday. Of course they couldn`t go in but it got them a ton more interested to get baptized. We haven`t been able to visit them tons because their parents make it hard for them to progress, but they got all mad at us and forced us to go visit again. Finally we were able to talk at least a little bit with their Dad and set up an activity with the whole family. This Thursday we will know if they will be baptized or not. And besides them, Genesis could not make it to her baptismal interview this past friday because she was in Guayaquil, but she also has a lots of hope to be baptized this coming saturday. We shall continue praying for all of them.
I still am here in my area for at least three more weeks. It will be really rough to leave behind this area. We have grown really close to all the members and they support us in so many ways. Wow, I will have to take advantage of the blessings I have here and just hope for the best in the coming weeks and months.
Can you believe I have been out 8 months? Can you believe how long you and Dad have been married? Just a few more days and you got some good 30 years under your belt, right? Haha we are all getting so old, but we got lots of life left in us and I am very excited for all of it. I love you all very much and I am still here praying for all of you.
A little spiritual thought--I don`t know if you guys had the same lesson that we had in Priesthood meeting, but it was about sustaining the Lord`s servants. It had the example of Aaron and Hur supporting the arms of the prophet, Moses, while he held the staff up above the battle that was happening. By simply raising our hands to show our sustaining vote we help the work move forward. The leaders of the church need our support. May we always give it to them. Prepare for the coming conference. Wow it is gonna be awesome. I just know it.
Keep me updated with Brother Flake.
No comments:
Post a Comment