Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27th 2012

AH back to school already!!! haha August is the worst month because it
means Summer is over.  I hope all goes well with everything and I hope
the annual father´s blessing tradition hasn´t ended either.   I
remember thinking a lot about that when the choir sang, "Mine is a
home where every hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood power"
in the last general conference.  How blessed we truly are.  Thank you
for living right.  It is hard to find parents like you in this world.
 
Elder Hancey heads back in October.
 
Happy Birthday dad.  I think a letter will have to be my best birthday
present for you.
 
This week has been incredible.  Momentos tan dulces que jamàs
olvidaré.  There are lots of people willing to teach our lesson and I
am so inspired to work harder to bless their lives.  So we just got a
new Elder in our zone.  He is from Idaho and I can just see myself 10
months ago.  I spent the day with him in a companionship exchange on
Friday and It was a very humbling experience.  We had a little bit of
troubles finding our investigators and I was really tired.  We then
made it to a family where the husband is on heading back to the strait
and narrow and his wife has been offended by some of the leaders and
has feels a lot of resentment.  I was really getting frustrated with
the way she rambled on about how if someone has been a member of the
church for so long that they can still do what they do.  Then she
finally asked why my companion wasn´t saying anything.  I tried
explaining, but she wanted him to talk.  It was such a hard lesson to
learn, but I humbled myself and let it go.  He then started to explain
who he was and why he was here.  He talked about his family and
stumbling on his Spanish I felt such a sweet spirit that I hadn´t felt
the whole day.  He came here because he loves his family and he knows
what the gospel can do.  I was so grateful and so humbled by such a
simple testimony.
 
So crazy story.  You know those twins that I told you about?...we
baptized their aunt 2 months ago...so Christian Jacome made it to
Mexico last week and it just so happens that his companion--his
trainer--was one of my best friends in the Provo MTC, Elder Newell.
And the coolest part is we are teaching Christian´s parents now.  He
has been in the mission for just one month and the Lord is just
thrashing their family with blessings.  I feel so privileged to be
here at this time to just see this change.  Jorge is the dad and Karen
(she is an incredible person and reminds me a lot of you, mom) is the
mom.  His heart has been closed off to the church for a long time but
has always been good friends with missionaries.  His daughter finally
convinced him to go to church and attend sacrament meeting and he did
so.  He did so the next week also.  He felt that the the Lord spoke to
him as he listened to the Sacrament Meeting talks.  We have only been
able to teach the twice so far but they are committed to learn and to
live the gospel.  I love what I am doing and I know this work belongs
to Our Heavenly Father.
 
I haven´t told you guys yet, but this week Elder D. Todd
Christofferson is heading down to Ecuador and all of our mission will
have a meeting with him on September 1st.  I am completely ready to
receive revelation and I know we will be so blessed to have a Prophet
in our presence.
 
So life is good.  Lots of blessings and lots of miracles.  Thank you
for everything you do.
 
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment