Dear Family,
I wish you could understand how good it makes me feel to know that you
guys are spending so much time together. The other day my companion,
Elder Hernandez, asked me what makes me the most happy. I told him
that being able to say that I love my family is what most brings me
joy. Entonces..I love you. In preach my gospel it says that our
spiritual power is manifested in the way we express our love towards
our Savior, towards our family, and towards the people we teach. I am
just beginning to understand that concept but applying it has brought
forth lots of miracles. Family, I feel so good right now. I have
never felt such a sincere love for anyone.
This week was more than I could ask for. I have stood in awe as a
Loving Heavenly Father continues to bless our efforts. The power of
the book of Mormon has softened the hearts of so many. I told you
about Christian Jacome´s family last week, but I don´t think you guys
really understand what is happening here. Everything is fitting right
into place. Just to make it a little weirder...They have a son on the
mission who also is a twin. The dad has a cousin named Paige, which
is beyond rare. Christian´s mom´s name is Karen..and just on and on.
I have never felt so strongly the connection that my heart has with
this family. I would do anything for them. Jorge, the dad, has made
amazing progress. They had been married before but were separated and
divorced for a few years. They got back together but never have tied
the knot again. We had the most inspiring lesson on Tuesday. He has
his doubts about the gospel but a undeniable spirit has softened his
heart. He says that when his son gets back from the mission in two
years, they will get married. We talked and talked and that little
seed in his soul stirred more and more. My companion decided to pull
out the general conference video of Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Waiting on
the road to Damascus." It brought him to tears at first and after
said that those words were spoken by the power of the Holy Ghost. He
expressed his love towards us and said that we were the only
missionaries who have been able to convince him. I could not hold in
the emotions as he offered the most sincere prayer to end it all. If
God has ever blessed a family for having a son in the mission field,
it is this family. He gained a testimony in that moment and is
beginning his journey on the road that will lead his family to be
sealed for time and all eternity.
So yesterday they told us they were determined to get married and that
now is the time. Tomorrow they will be getting all the papers
together. I love this work. I am determined to be the best I can.
And to top everything off I got to shake an Apostle´s hand. So many
inspired words were shared on Saturday morning as hundreds of
missionaries listened to the voice of the Lord´s special witness. He
spoke of the love he feels as he has the opportunity to assign
missionaries to their different missions. I know that I am in the
right place and that certainty was sealed in that moment. He spoke of
the first moments as an apostle when he entered into his first meeting
in the temple as his new leader, Boyd K. Packer, looked him in the
eyes. Very intimidated, he got up the courage to ask why the
observant expressions. He told him that fue una mirada de
complacencia. Just as God the Father stated after His Beloved Son was
baptized, "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Imagine that day when we will be able to stand in front of our
Heavenly Father and feel His eyes and hear His words of love
penetrating and telling us job well done. Do all you can to get to
that day!!! Read the Book of Mormon and cherish those words. We
belong to the true and everlasting church of Christ.
I love you more than words can say.
Elder Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment